Saturday, April 28, 2012

Spring | T4G Recap | Basketball


This has been one of the busiest seasons of my life, which is why I haven't been blogging very often. There have been things to write about (so I may be posting some tardy news here in the coming weeks), but I haven't carved out time to sit down and jot them down! Spring is here in Seattle and the cherry blossoms KNEW the very first day it began & came out everywhere. It's awesome, now when the wind blows it looks like it's snowing outside my window because all the blossoms are fluttering everywhere. There are white blossomed trees that look like cherry blossoms too, what are those?


Giulian returned from Louisville in one piece last week. He was so thankful for his time there; it really energized the guys for this next season of church-planting. I have to take a moment to salute the Together for the Gospel folks because they managed to organize quite a line-up of speakers AND give all of the attendees 20 solid books for free, among a host of other free goodies! I still have not been able to watch yet, but Giulian said that among the most impacting and challenging sessions was David Platt's: Divine Sovereignty: The Fuel of Death-Defying Missions. Men were weeping and people were on their feet applauding by the end of his great plea for all in attendance to forsake it all for the call of the gospel.

I hate false advertising so I have to tell you this photo is from the game a few weeks ago, not last game. :)
Last Thursday night, Giulian and two great friends, Sam and Derek, managed to clinch an overtime victory to send them to next week's championship in the 3-on-3 basketball league they're in! I was only able to catch the last 3 minutes of the game, but I arrived with the score tied at 70 and saw the last victorious minutes unfold. After some crucial shots from Derek, they were sent in to a 2 minute overtime where Giulian got an offensive rebound and put the ball in with only 5 seconds left...as Derek began dancing in victory the other time launched the ball to the other end of the court attempting a last second layup. But Sam - who may have the least experience, is the best hustler of any team out on the court - lept into the air to rob the ball from them and run out the clock. It was marvelous! Not to mention that the first time they played against this team they lost by 20!! Pastor Adam and a couple other guys form the other half of their team that plays on Tuesdays. Giulian's team has been rumored to be the second string of the team, but after last night I think they put those rumors to rest. I'll be sure to let you know how next week's Championship game goes.

-Christy

3 comments:

  1. That sounds so fun! Can I come along to cheer them on for the championship game?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heck yeah! There's not much room to watch but you could at least catch half of the game depending on which side of the hallway you're standing on. :)

      Delete
  2. I so wish I'd see all that!! -Mauvianne

    ReplyDelete