Monday, November 1, 2010

Update on the Move

Well, we managed to ship our five boxes of books and dvd's in the mail today. Thank you Lord for USPS media mail shipping! We recently bought an external hard drive (aren't you proud Jenna?) so I have been backing up our millions of videos and photo (not fun but I know worth it). The Lord has helped us to sell some things for a little extra moving cash.




I am exceedingly grateful for the expository commentary on Romans from Sproul that I have been reading recently. It has served to keep my mind focused on the higher things of Christ rather than the comparatively minuscule worries of moving. I've just finished Romans 1 and it has been quite weighty, but I love how Sproul finishes out the chapter by saying, "Thanks be to God that Romans does not end here. The gospel, the good news, is coming." Praise God that He does not leave us in the despair of our sin as in Romans 1:28-32, but uses it to show us the depth of our what our Savior Christ has done.

Side note- I encourage you to check out a recent blog post here from Pastor Adam at Downtown Cornerstone Church, where we will be joining come next week. It is a lovely story of God's miraculous provision.

We love you guys and so appreciate your prayer!
Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment